Shucky's Kitchen

Thoughts, recipes, neat links...all sorts of things passing through a creative mind! Grab a coffee and pull up a chair!

Friday, May 04, 2012

Lotion Bars

I was at one of my favourite wool shops in Scarborough, purchasing yet another exquisite wool I could not justify except for the love of knitting with fine wool, when they threw into my bag a freebie, a tin with a lotion bar inside. It was great, and scented with lemon grass and basil.

Now how long do you think I can go without making my own?

I'm happy with 1 part of shea butter melted with 1 part of white beeswax...heck, I'm happy with yellow beeswax. But I got oohs and ahhhs with a nice combination of rose and vanilla poured into happy sunny-face moulds.

Big hint...vanilla 10-fold essential oil will make them smell lovely, but Mr. Sunny Face will have freckles if you use it. 

Didja know that the baby powder fragrance is supposed to be the perfect blend of rose and vanilla, so balanced that you cannot discern the one from the other?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home